Bachelor's Degree in Police Studies Curriculum
Core Courses 24 hours
- CRJ 101: Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CRJ 331: Perspectives on Crime and Delinquency
- CRJ 388: Criminal Justice Research
- CRJ 400: Applied Criminal Justice Analysis
- PLS 103: Police, Order, Maintenance and Crime
- PLS 326: Ethical Decisions and Police
- PLS 414: Social Forces and Policing Society
- PLS 415: Contemporary Police Strategies
Police Studies Electives 24 hours
Select from police studies, criminal justice or corrections electives. At least 12 hours must be from upper-division courses.
Supporting Course Requirements: 6-9 hours
Together with your advisor, select up to 3 of the following:
- APS 210
- EMC 102 or 110
- FOR 301
- FSE 250 or TRS 332
Or a combination to include 3 hours (200 level or above) of foreign language or American Sign Language (ASL).
Free Electives 23-26 hours
EKU General Education Requirements 40 hours
(See catalog for details.)
Total Hours Required for Degree Completion 120 hours
For a full list of course descriptions please see section 7 of the university undergraduate catalog.